Senior schooling is a challenging time as students move from compulsory schooling into the worlds of post-compulsory education, tertiary studies and work. Students take on new responsibilities and face important decisions with far reaching effects.
At Cooloola Christian College we seek to help all students grow in personal responsibility for learning and spiritual growth. Students become more accountable for their behaviour; are required to make commitments; fulfil obligations; and make decisions on courses of action, schedules, and the fulfilling of goals.
The College seeks to give every student opportunity to discover their gifts, academic and non-academic, in a community of students, teachers and parents, striving to be faithful to God in all areas of life. The College works towards these goals by experiencing and developing:
- a respect and desire to learn from God’s Word;
- a community of respect and sharing for all students and staff;
- maturity in personal goal setting, time management, and study skills;
- use of the Independent Learning Centre for negotiated learning activities;
- increased leadership opportunities
- an opportunity to be part of a proud record of success in students entering the workforce and tertiary study.
Our Independent Learning Centre also provides opportunity for our students to engage with external studies such as head start courses, vocational courses and school-based traineeships.
Our Graduates are creative and critical thinkers, compassionate students who love to serve, ethical and moral decision makers, informed and responsible citizens, learners for life and positive contributors to our community and world. To find out why our Graduates are so well equipped and ready to embark on the next stage of their life journey, contact us today.